nib Options and Privacy
nib Options Pty Limited ABN 19 165 089 207 (nib Options) is a subsidiary of nib holdings limited ABN 51 125 633 856 and part of the nib group of companies.
nib Options provides cosmetic treatment packages in Australia and overseas and dental treatment packages in Australia. nib Options is committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information we collect (including sensitive information such as health information), and complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and applicable health records laws.
The following information explains how we comply with Australian privacy requirements. This information may be updated from time to time.
- nib Options’ system for complying with Australian privacy requirements includes:
- our commitment to compliance with privacy requirements;
- our policy and approach to privacy, as explained in this information;
- our resources allocated to privacy, including our technology systems and services; and
- our people and the training and education we undertake.
Collecting your personal information
nib Options provides information, offers choices and helps you to make arrangements with surgeons, hospitals and other service providers to suit your needs and preferences, for cosmetic surgery, dental and other procedures. When you deal with us, we may therefore collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details and other information about your circumstances and preferences including even about your health or medical history.
You do not have to identify yourself when you deal with us (e.g. to make an enquiry or obtain a quote). However we will in certain circumstances need to only deal with individuals who have identified themselves to us.
We collect this information when we ask you for it and you provide it, as well as from third parties (such as your doctor or treating hospital) if it is not reasonable or practicable to collect the information from you, or from other people or organisations who might be representing you or assisting or representing us.
Like many companies, we use technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content.
Using your personal information
Generally, we use your personal information for our business and activities, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- to respond to and process your requests for information and services, including managing your quotes and billing procedures with us and, where applicable, managing your bookings for travel and accommodation (sometimes overseas);
- to provide you with marketing communications and invitations and offers for products and services including new services that we have not offered before but we believe may be of interest to you (and we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out), and to assist in developing new products and services;
- to administer promotional programmes, such as exclusive member offers or competitions;
- to operate programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- to determine if you are eligible for certain services;
- for a business or professional relationship we may have with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- to amend records to remove personal information;
- for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information.
If we use your personal information to contact you and you would prefer not, please let us know and we will do our best to respect your preference.
When your choice is to continue to deal with us, we take it that you agree to and consent to our using your personal information in these ways, providing we follow the system and approach we explain in this information and comply with the law.
Storing and disclosing your personal information
We use various systems and services to safeguard the personal information we store, as part of our business systems and processes. In using and storing your personal information, we may pass on your personal information including outside Australia:
- to others, like our agents, contractors and service providers, who help us provide our services to you, and others who will be involved in your care;
- to other companies in the nib group;
- in additional ways you may also agree to.
When we pass on or share your personal information in this way, we take steps to ensure it is treated in the same way that we would treat it.
We delete or amend personal information that is no longer needed.
We also share with others and disclose information from which personal information has been removed so that no privacy is affected.
We sometimes have to pass on personal information for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances.
Contact with nib Options about your personal information
You may wish to contact nib Options to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy. Our privacy email contact address is [email protected] and further contact details for nib Options are set out below.
Privacy Officer nib Options Pty Limited Locked Bag 2010 Newcastle NSW 2300 AUSTRALIA Phone: 13 16 42
We will respond to your request for access to personal information we hold about you as soon as we reasonably can, including if we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold the information).
We do not impose any charge for a request for access, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.